This Bulletin describes miscellaneous changes to the BCBC that came into effect on January 31, 2018 that were not described in Bulletin B18-01.
Key changes include:
- Removal of a relaxation for guards in Part 9 dwelling units that are not above another suite.
- Permitting passive ventilation for secondary suites in buildings designed to comply with the BC Energy Step Code.
- More consistency between definitions for mechanical energy use intensity, total energy use intensity,
- A new appendix note on Floor Area,
- Clarification on area for assumed air leakage for Part 3 buildings, and
- Clarification of the energy modellingreporting options in Division C.
Please visit the Province of BC Government’s website at www.gov.bc.ca/buildingcodes for more details.