The Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) British Columbia is part of a global ULI network supporting and promoting the advancement of women in all disciplines of the real estate industry.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
WLI BC advances these objectives with programming and communication that is relevant and meaningful in our local context and by drawing on the global resources available through ULI worldwide.
The WLI is fully integrated with the ULI BC District Council and Young Leaders Group to ensure that the voices, experiences and perspectives of our female leaders are a fundamental component of the diverse programs and services offered by ULI BC.
Look forward to upcoming WLI BC events and initiatives within the following categories:
- Leadership Building: Workshops, seminars, and resources to provide knowledge or skills related to career and personal development. The Certificate Series, as part of the Leadership Building program, is a 3-part series of skill-building workshops help each year. Participants receive a certificate of completion from WLI BC if they attend all 3.
- Champion’s Series: Events profiling prominent and emerging leaders
- Innovation in Leadership: Speakers present on a range of topics that reflect emerging trends and issues. WLI BC will be launching an Innovation Podcast soon – stay tuned!
- Socials: Social events hosted for both members and non-members.
- Recognition: Awarding local leaders for their achievements related to our mission.
WLI BC's Leadership Committee
The Women’s Leadership Initiative for ULI BC is co-led by Paige Ritchie with Bosa Properties and Anna Brayko with BC Housing. They have a great group of industry professionals on the WLI BC committee whom are excited to bring forward the mission of WLI at the local level, here in British Columbia!
They strive to highlight the importance of a diversity of perspectives and to advance towards further equity. Their events and initiatives are inclusive of all genders.